Tuesday 24 November 2009

Just Dance!

I started dancing when I was about 6 years old. I have been trained in Disco, Freestyle, Latin American, Ballroom and Cheerleading. When I was about 13 I moved onto Street Dance, which I found was definitely my favourite style of dancing. But unfortunately I had to give up dancing at 16 because of an injury I'd suffered during the City Athletic Championships.
I started getting back into keeping fit around 4 motnsh ago when I joined my local gym. I was purely using it to tone up and start to look healthier. I wasn't really interested in attendign any classes and stuff...I just did my own thing. However 4 weeks ago I found out about a Street Dance class held at the gym, which was just awesome. So I went along and I've been going twice a week since.
It turned out that it wasn't just Street he was teaching, but also breakdance and popping - two styles of dance that I have always wanetd to learn! Anyway
I am now helping to teach the lessons, which is just such a cool experience, and my dance teacher has invited me to be in his 'crew' (haha it sounds so 'down with the hood') and hopefully I'll be going to London next may to compete in a dance off competition at the O2 Arena.
After my injury I never thought I'd ever get back into dancing, but now I don't think I've ever enjoyed it so much.
At the moment I'm trying to master a one handed back flip, and although Ali says its easy, I think I'm gonna have to get some muscles before thats EVER going to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment